Friday, July 20, 2012

Vintage Wedding!

 So, I have been a little lapse here lately. Haven't posted any good tutorials for a while. I am even skipping music of the week. But I do have news to share. My friend D'anna is getting married! Yeah! And...
I am going to play Wedding Planner! 
Scary!
Now, have I ever planned a wedding? No. The hubby and I were married by a JP. Do I personally want a wedding? I didn't used to, but now that I have been through two weddings in the last year and am now doing this one, I realized I missed out. Anyway, that is another post for a later time, if ever. 

So, D'anna is getting married to Andy and she wants to do it at their place, completely DIY and she knows that DIY is my thing, so she asked me to help, plus she knows I will do it practically for free because I can post about everything we are working on. She also thinks that I manage to keep four kids in line (do I?) so I can handle the day of the wedding and she doesn't have to. I can understand that!

So, she wants to do Vintage Wedding. Which I love. Its perfect for DIY too!! Here are a few ideas I have found that we are thinking about. 




We want to do this but maybe with lace, more feminine! Tutorial to come!
Love this!


Well, I am going out there today to take pictures and do a little planning. Wish me luck! Hopefully I don't screw it up and she never talks to me again.  Anyone have any suggestions!?! I am all ears!

Oh, and I will be posting tutorials throughout this process. Everything will be handmade, so get ready!

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!! Yay! I used to be a wedding planner and I love DIY weddings the most, so personal and fun! We had a DIY 4th of July/picnic wedding for ours 3 years ago and it was fun to put together. I look forward to hearing all of your plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I may be contacting you for advice!!!

      Delete