Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Time!

OK, its time to put this out there. I am overweight and unhappy about it. 


Not that I should complain or be unhappy. I mean I am finally at a place in my life where we are (Dare I say it) stable financially, and by that I mean the bills are paid, foods on the table, and a roof is over our head and we have money left over. Not much, but we are finally at a really good point. The kids are happy and healthy. 

I love this picture!


However, I have not been taking care of myself and have been self-medicating with food for far too long. I wish I could say its baby weight, but Nevin is about to be two so that theory gets thrown out the window. Recently I have started being more aware of what I put in my mouth and we bought a scale this weekend. (I scream in horror!) 



So when I got on it I almost cried. No wait, I did cry. I don't know if I am comfortable putting the number on the screen, because then its like alcoholics anonymous. "Hi, My name is Leslie, and I am a fat ass!" Yes, I said that. Anyway, So I think I need to put it out into the universe (blog universe, but still a universe) that I am going to start chronicling my weight loss journey including what I ate each day. So far, for breakfast, I had a yogurt parfait and a diet coke. Oh, and a 5 hour energy drink, but I am not sure that has calories, guess I should check. So, I will let you know how the day goes. Oh, and I have started exercising too! If you have never tried them, The Leslie Sansone walking DVDs Rock!!Your walking but its great exercise, you even run a little! Its especially great on days you can't go outside for a walk (Its been raining here in College Station for like two weeks!). So to rap up: Eating Better! and Exercise!  That is All!

5 comments:

  1. I've been working to change my bad eating habits (and laziness) for the past few years and I've found that tracking my food has been very helpful at keeping me honest.

    And it helps me when I'm having one of those "I'm such a failure" days. I can look back at how I used to eat and SEE the changes I've made (and have stuck) and it keeps it all in perspective.

    It's hard to change your bad habits. Especially bad eating habits but it is possible. It'll be a real test of your patience but seeing your gaggle of kids, I'm sure you've had your patience tested many times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience is something we are not in short supply on. Bad habits are hard to break, but its one day at a time! We can do it!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm right there with you my friend! There's still a lot of stress in my life, but there are so many things that are RIGHT I feel like I have no excuse to stress eat...but I'm on a mission as well. With my hubby being 12 years younger than me and in the best physical condition ever (thanks to 12 weeks in the police academy) I'm feeling more and more like his mother than his wife. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow you're a braver women than me. I am so proud of you to post this and take action. I cry and complain but dont do anything about it. I blame it on my traveling every week for work but really- my hotels have those stupid small gyms in there so no excuse. Holding yourself accountable is key. I'm moving this week so i'm getting some exercise back and forth up the stairs carrying my clothes to the car. I know i should be ready to say i'll join you on this quest but i'm weak. Best of luck to you girl!!!

      Delete
    2. Wow, 12 years younger? Aren't you the cougar!?! I mean that in a good way! :)

      Girls, we can do it. Maybe I need to start a support group for all of us! HA!

      Thanks for reading my little post here!

      Delete