I got the opportunity to do a small craft show at Johnson elementary. Great crowd, good holiday fun!
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Since moving to college station, I haven't noticed much difference in the weather. Like houston, its has just been plain hot. Until today, it finally got to a high of maybe 62. This made me wish I had scarves (spelling?) But why buy scarves when you can make them. I have been wanting to make this "infinity scarf" for years, today I hour off my but and made one in about 5 minutes. Love me some quick craft projects.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
So I finally have an android phone and with this great blogger app, maybe I can keep up with my blog. I have been making jewelry but this makes it one stop publishing. I can take a picture with my phone and post immediately. For example I made this a while back but couldn't find a camera!
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
You are The Moon
Take the Test to Find Out.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
- http://www.beaducation.com/ - This site has free and paid tutorials for every thing from beading, to metalsmithing, to polymer clay. Very informative.
- http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2006/06/how_to_get_traf.html - I really want to make my blog something people actually look for and use and READ!!! I have been looking for ways to drive people to my blog. This is a great and loooonnnnggg list of things to do to do just that!
- http://www.craftgossip.com/ - I love this site. It has something for every craft enthusiast. They share blogs based on specific types of crafts by that I mean they are well catagorized. There are templates, tutorials, contest....
- http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/ - I found this site years ago when I started getting back into crafts. Lots to look at, you set up your own profile, you can post projects you finished, tutorials with pictures or video (I have one search for me, Groovymama!!!) , inspration from other blogs they have found, learn about Crafty superstars out in the world, etc. I could spend hours on this site if I wanted to, there is soooo much to see!!
- http://naughtysecretaryclub.blogspot.com/ - I think I have a craft crush on Jennifer Perkins. I want to be like her when I grow up. wink wink. She has great style and and great spirit. I like to look at her stuff for inspiration, she does everything and she is a texas local. She is in Austin. Someday, I will meet and pick her brain. (did that sound stalker-ish?)
Thats what I have for today. I will be posting great sites anytime I find them. If you find some you like, send them to me or comment below about it. I looooovvvvveee finding a diamond in the rough of the internet!!!
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
email@example.com. Hope you like it. I am going to embellish on this tutorial to show how you can take this to the next step but we will see if I have time for this this week. Happy Jewelry peeps!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
I have been crafting since I can remember. I can remember helping my mom make those wonderful glittered, painted, flowery, shoulder padded t-shirts (tied at the bottom corner) back in the 80's(I will find a picture). I have made everything from candles to purses to record bowls to jewelry. You name it, I have probably made it. I am the woman walking around the mall saying "I can make that" and I probably went home and figured out how to make it. Recently, I have discovered I have a real talent for jewelry making, I love it, it keeps me sane (I did say I have four kids), and there are so many aspects to it, I never get bored. I get to do what I love and make a decent living at it! I want to show everyone how easy it is to make jewelry. I sell a lot of my jewelry and accessories at arts and craft fairs, but I want to expand that to the internet. Having said that, I will say that seeing people walk up, talk to me, tell me what they think, and walk away with a smile after purchasing something is the greatest thing imaginable. I have done sales in past and I used to think the rush from making a sale could not be beat, but I was wrong, when it is something you put your heart into and it makes someone else happy, that is even better!!!
Currently, I have been working with polymer clay. It is a very under rated medium for jewelry or any craft project. I love it, it is so versatile and inexpensive. My goal is to work so much with the clay that when I get to Silver Art Clay (to be explained later) I will be such a whiz that it won't spook me. OK, Silver art clay is a soft clay that can be molded like any other clay, but when fired with a torch, reveals a 99.9 % silver piece. I have some and am so excited but polymer clay first, mainly due to the cost of silver clay vs. polymer. Can't wait to show you whats coming!
I do a lot of work with a lot of gemstones. They come in delicious colors and come in such a variety of different shapes and sizes that I couldn't work with cheap beads anymore! I have sooooo many beads I have run out of places to put them. I recently moved to Bryan/College Station, so my studio is not together yet. I will post pictures! I also do custom work so if you need jewelry for a wedding or even your favorite outfit, lets talk and design something special and unique for you!
Check out my other sites:
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leslie-Marquez-Designs/173282952708483