Thursday, July 26, 2012

Painting on Ceramic: an experiment!

With D'anna and Andy's wedding coming up. Remember them? From here :Introducing the Bride and Groom!  We are starting to play around with the decorations and with her paint samples in hand she says can we paint this and hands me this:


Yeah, you probably had the same reaction I did. What the hell is that? Luckily, I said "what is that?" D said "I have had this for a while and haven't done anything with it because it is not my style. She said can we paint it and put a single flower in each spot for one of the tables?" My response, "why not, if you don't like it the way it is, then lets change it." Now, have I ever painted porcelain (I think that's what it is made of!), No I haven't. Do I know how its going to coat, or stick or peel? No. But whatever, An experiment! 

 I used Valspar in Soft Coral and a sponge brush for this. I thought it would give less streaks in the paint. 

So, First Coat...

I will say it was a little drippy, and I am glad I was using a sponge brush. It helped it stick.

Second Coat...

Don't you love the splattered pain, and the crayon in the back (I have kids, what do you want!)


It really did need the second coat. It made the blue under the paint completely disappear and smoothed out any drips. I just wish I had some flowers to see what it will look like for the wedding. Maybe I will add that later. Also, I am not sure I am done. I am thinking of putting polka dots all over it with her other color which is wasabi!! 

More to come!


1 comment:

  1. Haha I love the crayon in the background! So funny. This came out great! Thanks for sharing at Pin It Thursday!

    ReplyDelete