Monday, June 4, 2012

Mom's 60 Birthday party: Luau Style

So, my mother recently turned 60. I can only pray that I got some of the good genes in the family and look like here when I am 60. My sister put it on at her house, which is perfect because she has a pool. Now,  mind you, I took all four of the kids, BY MYSELF, on a road trip to Houston for this. It was a very hectic day but how many times does someone have a 60th birthday. I was not going to miss it. Unfortunately, I did not have backup as Fred has to work on Saturdays. I am sure you are thinking, OMG, who works on Saturdays. My husband works for Palm Harbor Homes as a salesman. Saturday is their BIG day for sales. He doesn't miss Saturdays. So, I will take the kids to Houston for Grandma! Luckily, it went really well. We left about 11 or so, meaning I had a very quiet ride to Houston. The Baby (Nevin) went to sleep as soon as we left the driveway. Thanks to a beautiful Christmas present from the in-laws, the kids watched a movie on the way. I like it when no one is screaming.

 So we get there and Suzanne is setting up the table.Mom is the one on the right by the way!


The grass skirt was a nice touch!
 Meanwhile, back at the asylum, my children are running a muck!! But they are cute, aren't they??

So what my sis made is Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, that of course, she found on pinterest. Here is the pin! It was delicious, put it on Hawaiian Bread and top it off with Pineapple Cole slaw!!


 And here she had the cutest pineapple cream cheese spread with veggies and crackers but it looked like a pineapple. I didn't get a really good picture of it but here is the picture from the website from pinterest that she found.
 
Super Cute and Tasty!!

Of course we had leis everywhere. Nevin kept wrapping her self up in them, and stealing them so she could destroy them. Suzanne is going to be finding flower petals all over her house for weeks! 

After we ate, and waited for 30 minutes (Elena went around the party reminding everyone that we have to wait 30 minutes after eating to go swimming or we will get a cramp! Thank you for the public service announcement, Elena!), We Swam!!






Finally, we had all had enough fun, or at least I had,  the kids had begun the ever popular whining and crying about everything. Which at that point you look around and say "Its been a lovely evening, and we are going to leave now." My family is used to this tactic by now. There comes a point in an outing where my kids have had enough and despite the "I don't want to leave" battle cry,  its time to jump ship and hope everyone makes it. So I decided, I needed to go. We had a great time, wish I had taken more pictures, but sometimes its best to put the camera down and enjoy the festivities.

The drive home was uneventful. I like uneventful!

And the whiniest (is that a word?) child of them all, Kiera, fell asleep three minutes into the ride home with mouth gaping, catching flies!!


Ahh, memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment