Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to Leslie Marquez Designs Blog.

Welcome to my new blog. I will be posting tutorials, how to's, pictures of my latest challenges, contests and more. I can't say how often I will post how to's as I have four children under the age of 6. I might have one once a week, I might do a weeks worth of a certain type of jewelry making or accessories, you never know. So, Check back often. I will also post other tutorials I find that I think are neat or helpful. I love the internet, so much inspiration at your fingertips!!

I have been crafting since I can remember. I can remember helping my mom make those wonderful glittered, painted, flowery, shoulder padded t-shirts (tied at the bottom corner) back in the 80's(I will find a picture).  I have made everything from candles to purses to record bowls to jewelry. You name it, I have probably made it. I am the woman walking around the mall saying "I can make that" and I probably went home and figured out how to make it. Recently, I have discovered I have a real talent for jewelry making, I love it, it keeps me sane (I did say I have four kids), and there are so many aspects to it, I never get bored. I get to do what I love and make a decent living at it! I want to show everyone how easy it is to make jewelry.  I sell a lot of my jewelry and accessories at arts and craft fairs, but I want to expand that to the internet. Having said that, I will say that seeing people walk up, talk to me, tell me what they think, and walk away with a smile after purchasing something is the greatest thing imaginable. I have done sales in past and I used to think the rush from making a sale could not be beat, but I was wrong, when it is something you put your heart into and it makes someone else happy, that is even better!!!

Currently, I have been working with polymer clay. It is a very under rated medium for jewelry or any craft project. I love it, it is so versatile and inexpensive. My goal is to work so much with the clay that when I get to Silver Art Clay (to be explained later) I will be such a whiz that it won't spook me. OK, Silver art clay is a soft clay that can be molded like any other clay, but when fired with a torch, reveals a 99.9 % silver piece. I have some and am so excited but polymer clay first, mainly due to the cost of silver clay vs. polymer. Can't wait to show you whats coming!

I do a lot of work with a lot of gemstones. They come in delicious colors and come in such a variety of different shapes and sizes that I couldn't work with cheap beads anymore! I have sooooo many beads I have run out of places to put them.  I recently moved to Bryan/College Station, so my studio is not together yet. I will post pictures! I also do custom work so if you need jewelry for a wedding or even your favorite outfit, lets talk and design something special and unique for you! 

Check out my other sites:
Etsy: lesliemarquezdesigns.etsy.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leslie-Marquez-Designs/173282952708483
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment