Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lets do this!


OK, so it helps to have a goal when on a fitness journey. My Dad brought up a 5k run that is done in the woodlands, Run through the woods, around Thanksgiving. I have never done a 5k run in my life. 5k walk, sure, been there done that but never a run. I want to do this. In my fatter days, I used to say that I don't run unless I was being chased or the zombie apocalypse has hit. It was my joke to cover up my inability to actually do it. I tend to joke to cover up or make excuses for things.

While this is completely true, it's still an excuse!

So, I have started a workout program called Couch 2 5k.  I will admit that I have started this before but I barely completed a few days much less completed the program. So, I am determined to complete it. I started this morning with it. I did better than I could ever imagined. I think the fact that I have switched to vapor cigarettes has helped with the breathing and I used to get really out of breath before and I have slight asthma to begin with so it's no wonder I would give up, not to mention that I was not in the right frame of mind to push myself in that respect. So, the breathing, this time, was not an issue and I completed the first day with little to no problems! Yay! Now, the run itself was no problem. The aftermath, holy hell. I am so sore. I have sore muscles where I didn't know I had muscles. My abs, butt and legs scream every time I stand up. I make the old person noise every time, too! 



But I will keep going. I am on a positive changes kick. I will not let anything hold me back anymore. In that same aspect, I am going to finish what I started, even if its a little late, and complete the Thankful Challenge.

Today I am thankful for:

1. Positive Changes - I have to keep this in mind and change myself in a positive way little by little. Be it physically, mentally, emotionally, or otherwise. I will continue to strive for a positive change everyday.

2. Sore Muscles - They remind me that I am doing the right thing for my body and remind me that I am alive! 

3. My best friend - Who supports me even when I don't deserve it and you know who you are. 

I now challenge 3 people to do this challenge. I will tag you in my Facebook post so you know who you are. And I hope you are a bit more diligent in doing it than I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment